You'll need to run two full tank cycles after filter replacements.
Here are some helpful hints to keep your unit running at optimal levels:
- EMPTY WATER FROM BOTH TANKS. Don’t simply “top-off” the water in the tap tank with more water. Make sure to empty the tanks each time.
- REFILL TAP TANK, and place both tanks back on your AquaTru.
- New filters take time to become saturated and properly filter the water when first installed. The first cycle may take longer than the normal 10-15 filtering time for 1 gallon of water.
- You may notice bubbles or even cloudiness in the tap water tank. This is simply trapped air from the filters escaping and may be experienced during each use.
- You may also notice some black cloudiness in your tap water tank within the first two tanks being filtered. Loose carbon dust from your new Pre-Filter or VOC Filter can release into the water as the filter fully saturates.